So guess who made her modeling debut today?
That would be me! Excuse me while I go throw out all of the trans-fat in my apartment to celebrate my new job.
…or not.
By modeling, I mean who got to wear some heels to be photographed for the next issue of Time Out New York? Yeah, that's correct, my face won't even be in the picture. Ouch.
Oh well…even Gisele had to start somewhere, right?
As far as the real work I've been doing up here, my stuff is finally showing up in the magazines and online…yay for finally having NYC bylines! Check out what I've been up to at Time Out New York Kids at the links below. If you hate Halloween (and if you do, you're weird), you'll wanna take a pass. I've never typed the words "pumpkin" or "candy" so much in my life. The first three stories in the slide show are mine (Dance Party, Get Pickin and Halloween Week):
http://www.timeout.com/newyork/kids/
And pick up the Dec/Jan issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray when it comes out in a few weeks to check out my name in the masthead! I know none of you will actually do this, but you can just lie and say you did. It'll make my day. ;)
I've got a piece on a theater show running in Time Out's next issue, a movie review coming up on their blog (Justin and I are seeing Madagascar 2 for free with my press passes…please try to control your jealousy, folks) and my piece on baseball foods should run in Rachael Ray's March issue. They're already closing the February issue now – crazy, right? We're always working on issues three months or more ahead of time.
Aaand, guess who just got a six-month assignment for Rachael Ray? I basically get to put together their family page by selecting families to test our recipes and interviewing them for the magazine for March through September - yay for being published there for months after I leave! It's really awesome that they're letting me do this, so I'm pretty excited.
As far as other news, I went to Fburg for Homecoming this weekend, which was all kinds of awesome and weird. It was great to see everyone, but it made me a little sad that we're all separated. And I miss like classes like whoa…yes, even 8 am classes.
It's ok if you judge me for that. I judge myself a little bit.
My parents were up here last weekend for their first trip to NYC (outside of Washington Heights, aka my neighborhood that scares the crap out of them). We did all the cheesy tourist stuff, which was great because I don't actually get to do any of those things normally because I'm so busy.
Plus, my Dad paid. That could also be why it was fun.
We went to the Empire State building and went up to the observatory (brrr!), saw a show on Broadway (Link Larkin isn't as hot when he's not played by Zefron), and went to the New York City Public Library (my future midtown home – no really, I'm looking into purchasing it).
I finally got to see Kaelyn (the roommate) yesterday at lunch – she came all the way down to 34th street on my break to see me. I haven't seen her in ages, so a night out on the town is in order whenever both of our schedules allow it. Which isn't for a few weeks probably. Lame.
But Rachel is coming up to visit the weekend of the 7th, so I'm extremely excited for that because I only briefly saw her at Homecoming. It'll be another mini Wash reunion!
No other exciting news that I care to share. That's right, I don't tell you kids everything.
Always leave them wanting more, said…somebody important.
…and that's my cue to sign off. ;)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
those stories are very cool! how exciting!
Post a Comment