I have a job!!!
After four months of looking, I got super lucky and landed a real live, actual job...I am now the editorial assistant at Time Out New York Kids magazine. I have a salary and everything!
With magazines not doing well at all right now and the economy the way it is, this is a major big deal for me (and my incredibly relieved parents). I'm super-bummed to be leaving Rachael Ray (and my buddy Amanda!) but I'm only leaving a week earlier than I would have if I didn't get the job...not bad.
You know what is bad? I'm working Christmas Eve. =(
Buuut, I get Christmas Day through Jan. 4 off, so any of you kids that'll be in NOVA for the holidays better clear your schedule to see me. I miss having a social life!
Also, today was the best day ever because I had lunch with Paula Deen's sons, ya'll. Yup, we bonded. I'll devote a whole separate post to that, that's how much fun it was. Right now, there's a shower to be had and food to be eaten, so I'm out for now.
I hope everyone else's holiday season is off to a great start as well! =)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yayyy! I'm so excited
that you get to go be
a big girl Editorial
Assistant. You are
clearly going to ROCK
at it. I'll miss you
that Wednesday and Friday
when I look next to me and
see an empty chair...but
I'll smile when I remember
that you are over at
Time Out making the big
bucks! :o)
And yes...it WAS fabulous
doing some baking with
the Deen boys!
(The car service wasn't
bad, either.)
Welcome to the working too many hours for not enough money club! Congratulations on the job!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I still can't believe you met the Deen boys. Was the hot one clearly and unambiguously hotter in real life?
Also, congrats! I'll be home during that time, so we'll catch up :)
-Dean
CONGRATS! You're going to be amazing!!!
p.s. I'm home from the 20-27...which means that you and I MUST hangout on the 26th as its the only overlapping day and well I think I might cry if I don't get to see you!
Post a Comment