Sunday, February 8, 2009

All Aboard

So apparently, after they get off the boat, Jack and Kate DON'T live happily ever after. And the Unsinkable Molly Brown is kind of whiny and way less cool than she was onboard the ocean liner that doesn't fare so well on the high seas.

...yet, I still loved watching Titanic: Part 2!

(Call it Revolutionary Road if you want, but we all know it's really Jack & Rose: Reunited...and if feels so good).

I saw RR with Syd on Saturday and it was so great! I love that Leo looks pretty much exactly the same as he did when he was 20. It's so unfair that guys get better looking as they age, while chicks just get wrinkles. Or Botox.

That being said, Kate Winslet still looks great. I def have a girl crush on her.

But the best (worst) part of the movie wasn't even related to the film. These two old ladies sitting behind us talked during the WHOLE thing. And by "talked," I don't mean made comments, I mean had full-length conversations. It was ridiculous. Someone finally turned around and was like, "Can it, ladies!" and they still wouldn't shut up. Their comments were so inappropriate, too! At one point they said something about (mild spoiler alert) "Couldn't she have just used a coat hanger instead?" People were not amused.

Sydney and I just laughed it off because it was actually kind of funny, but for real. If they had talked over Leo one more time than they did...let's just say, it wouldn't be pretty.

Oh, who am I kidding? I couldn't take down two 65-year-olds no matter how much I'd like to pretend I could. I haven't done Tae-Bo in weeks.

In non-movie related news, I'm back to cooking again! I cooked a steak for the first time in my life today. It was awesome. And sad that I had to look up how to do so in a Betty Crocker cookbook. I have never before used the "broil" setting on an oven. Oops.

Aaaaand, I'm kind of in love with NYC a little bit. It took awhile, but I'm definitely there now. I was so homesick and so "fish-out-of-water" for so long that I didn't look at all the good stuff going on now. I live in a freaking exciting city, I'm making awesome friends and I'm actually an editor at a magazine about 5 years sooner than I thought I would be. Not horribly shabby.

Of course, there are some things I still want. A winning lottery ticket, for one. More hours in a day to catch up with my DVR (I have about a gazillion Top Model episodes from Oxygen's marathon on it). A washer and dryer in my apartment. Those purple Jimmy Choo's. A trip to Ireland.

You know. Little things.

One thing I do want that I am getting in the forseeable future is a trip to NoVa. I'll be spending Valentine's Day with my parent's (and not cheesy "Thumbs Up" dude), so ya'll should totally be jealous. And I get to see my old roomies for brunch and discuss Amy's wedding plans! Yay!

Very excited.

And with that, it's time for bed. I have to be at work in the morning. (It still feels weird to say/write that). Leave comments and/or come visit me! I'll be happy with either one, but of course I would prefer to see your pretty faces up here. ;)

4 comments:

Katie said...

YAYYYY!! I get to see you this weekend!

ps- You should never feel like people aren't reading your blog, because I definitely keep up with it when I'm bored at work. :) It's fun to hear about all of the exciting things you're doing / what movies and TV shows you're into these days.

Sydney said...

It totally was Titanic: Part Two! And those ladies have provided me with some many funny stories. I think I've told EVERYONE I know about those women!

I'm heading down to VA Friday morning, so let me know what/if you girls do something I can join in on!

Laura said...

I went to see "Hes just not that into you" last weekend and the girl sitting next to me was waaayy into the movie and would screatch and scream at everything and then try to give the characters advice (loudly)...she scream stuff like "hes a married man! don't do it! don't be stupid!" she almost got a dirty sock stuffed in her mouth...

amanda said...

Leo is so dreamy. Break me
off a piece of that.

I LOVE that you're falling
in love with New York. Or are
already in love with it. That
makes me smile. New York really
is sexy. What's not to love?
And yeahh...you're living the
dream, girl! And I couldn't
be happier!

xoxo