...I believe I'm posting somewhat later than I promised. Oh well. I'm really not afraid of the (non-existent) reader backlash.
So a crap ton has happened since I last posted and I'm far too lazy to include it all, so let's just say I went home on Christmas Eve, had a great break and came back to work. You can fill in the blanks however you see fit.
I do have enough stamina to discuss recent goings-on though, so you'll at least know what I've been up to in the semi-close past. Woo-hoo!
This weekend was a fun break from stress...Friday I went to some French restaurant with Justin for restaurant week. It was in Hell's Kitchen, which is one of my future potential neighborhoods I'm considering living in. (I have a pro/con list).
...if it sounds like I'm dating neighborhoods, I kind of am. I'm checking them all out and only seriously pursuing the cute ones. Yeah, I'm shallow. Oh well. Personality counts too!
Maybe. ;)
So we ate pretty decent food and then headed home for the night kind of early because we're old now. That's sad. But I made up for senior-citizen syndrome on Saturday by hitting up a friend's birthday party in the Lower East Side (another neighborhood I'm considering...not seriously, though. It's not very convenient for getting to work. Maybe we'll just be friends with benefits).
The bar was Arlo & Esme, and it being out of the numbered streets means Kay got lost. Luckily, I had Caroline on the phone with the bartender directing me to the spot. Which turned out to be about five steps away from where I got off at the subway. So I walked about 15 minutes in the wrong direction first. Awesome!
It was so nice to see everyone from Rachael Ray though! Everyone there is so cool, so I had a great time catching up. There was no Miss Amanda, but that's ok. I'll make sure she gets out here for some catching up soon. ;)
Oh, and so far Arlo & Esme is winning my "Who makes the best Amaretto Sour?" contest?
...it doesn't have much competition, unfortunately. But that French place from Friday made a semi-decent one. Is it sad that the best one I've ever had was in Fredericksburg, Va?
Yeah, it is.
Anyways, I left the bar to go pick up a certain drunk someone at 1 am, but it was a pretty good night. And Sunday was excellent, despite the Steelers beating my Cowboys Super Bowl record. Losers.
Can you tell I was rooting for the Cardinals?
Justin, Pheffer and I met at Brother Jimmy's at 79th and Amsterdam for food, beer and a little bit of football. And by food, I mean hush puppies, french fries, BBQ nachos, chocolate cake and popcorn shrimp. And by beer, I mean about four pitchers of Sam Adams. And by football, I mean we yelled at the plasmas when everyone else did. It's funny how much more enjoyable football is when you have some alcohol in your system.
So the Cardinals lost, whatever. But the coolest thing was that the bar is in one of my top area contenders for a future apartment. First of all, it's the Upper West Side and we all know I heart me some west side. Secondly, and most importantly, it's where the How I Met Your Mother gang lives!
Yeah, that's my new TV obsession. Haaaaaave you met Barney?
Well, you can't. He's mine.
Damn Neil Patrick Harris for being gay.
Anyways, I know that's a lame reason to pick a place to live but there's an Irish pub nearby and I love any and all things Irish-and the characters live above an Irish bar. How perfect is that?!
Next week Justin and I are going to find a good diner to eat at...I keep forgetting he actually likes diners. Zack's the one who hates them, but I keep thinking it's Justin and not mentioning diners we could eat waffles and/or milkshakes at. (Definitely "and." It's always "and" when it comes to waffles and milkshakes). Think of all the fantastic meals I've missed out on because of my forgetfulness!
Anyways. Work is good, but I miss home like whoa. I think I'm too close to my family for my own good. Damn them for being so functional and loveable.
But the good news is Lauren might move up here!!! Yaaaaay. That would make my day. Or year, but who's keeping track? And it would mean I could move closer in, which would be great because my commute sucks. Sucks as in it takes me about an hour to get to work on an island I actually live on while co-workers from Jersey beat me to the office.
Yet another reason to hate Jersey.
Kidding! (That was to keep Steph from killing me).
But on a somewhat work-related note, I just got a gym membership at Crunch gym. The sad thing is, it's a corporate account. I became a writer so I wouldn't be "corporate." Also, that word makes me feel old. Also, I miss being a regular kid with a regular gym access pass, not "Ms. Boatner, thanks for creating a corporate account with us. We look forward to doing business with you!"
Icky.
Well, as it's now midnight and Grandma has to get some sleep before reporting to the Man in the morning, I'm out. I'll leave you with a friendly reminder to turn your TV on Friday night at 9 pm to give Friday Night Lights some good ratings so it can stick around and make me happy.
Don't take my Tim Riggins away from me, people.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yes, i can't wait to move up there!! if you could just fix the economy in the meantime so i can get a job, that would be great, thanks :)
also, you should stop by and visit me in charlottesville when you're down here in a couple weeks!!
miss you - elk!
*clears throat*
First of all, Jersey rocks and you know it. Quit hatin'
Second, Don't worry about the best amaretto sour being in Fburg....Fburg is also home to the best Long Island in my opinion :)
Third,You forgot to mention that during your last trip home you got to see me, thus making your life complete.
Fourth, Haaaave you met Kay? See, you totally need me up there to be your wingman.
Fifth, I might be visiting Jersey in a few weeks. If I have time, maybe I'll make a trip into the city, but I doubt the weekend will be long enough.
Sixth, Thanks for moving away because your lovable family has adopted me. I went shopping with your mom last week. It was pretty sweet...J.Crew is having awesome sales.
Seventh, Weeeell...I think I'm out of numbered phrases.
:)
There she is! Yayy. An
update. How very exciting.
I was sad the Cardinals lost
as well. I'm also sad that
I wasn't at the party...but
I'm glad you had fun...and
yesss...I'm coming to see you
butt way soon! We're making
a date!
Everything seems to be going
awesome with you-which makes
me HAPPY!
And ummm...I'm pretty obsessed
with your neighborhood dating.
I think it's pretty sexy! I
look forward to hearing who
the lucky one is that gets
to claim ya'!
Post a Comment