Sunday, February 22, 2009

You know how some people look forward to something all year? Welcome to that night for me.

I know it's only February, but it feels like we've had a bunch of big occasions this year already.

Well, no offense to Inauguration Day and Super Bowl Sunday, but the main event of 2009 is here...it's AA Day!

(No, we're not celebrating our sobriety, folks. Although if you are, then props to you, I suppose).

I'm talking about the Oscars, people.

And, on that note...Jai Ho! If Slumdog Millionaire doesn't sweep the awards, I will be severely upset. I'm watching Seacrest interview all the little kids who played the leads when they were young and they're ADORABLE. (Ryan is awkward, per usual, but he wouldn't be Ryan without the creepy innuendo and random interjections).

Supposedly Zac Efron is performing in some musical number onstage with people from Mamma Mia (like Veronia Mars alum Amanda Seyfried). Woo-hoo! She-who-must-not-be-named will be with Efron too, but we'll ignore that little detail. Ick.

Other winners I'm hoping for are Taraj P. Henson from Benjamin Buttons for Supporting Actress (even though Cruz is gonna take it apparently), Kate Winslet for Lead Actress (um, duh and IT'S ABOUT TIME) and Jai Ho for Best Song. Mostly because I'm hoping they'll re-enact the end credits from Slumdog for the performance.

As for non-Academy Award related news from this weekend, Friday night I went to see The Reader with Sydney. (Ok, I just realized this is actually Oscar related. Whoops). It was so good! I hadn't really thought about why the title of the movie was what it was, but the plot was really good. So yeah, go Kate!

Last night I went out to 1st Ave to meet up with Justin and some other Mary Wash kids for lots of alcohol and food. (Thanks for footing the bill, Choi!) Good times. It's always weird/cool to see college friends and find out people actually have lives post-graduation.

As for this week, I'm so flipping busy! Tomorrow is my EA dinner thing and I have two articles for the magazine due this week. Plus, on Thursday Lauren's coming up to visit. I'm taking off work Friday to hang with her, so we're planning on seeing a show Friday night and doing other fun city stuff. Magnolia Bakery and Alice's Tea Cup (if it's not on fire this time) are on my to-do list. Fingers crossed for no blizzards like last time Laur came up!

B. Walters special is about to come on, so I'm peacing out to catch that. I could pretend I'm tuning in for Anne Hathaway or Mickey Rourke (actual nominees), but that would be a lie. I wanna hear who the Jo Bros who are dating now.

Mock me if you must. But then go watch the live show and root for Slumdog!

(OMG. They're interviewing Rob Pattinson-I'm finishing this for real now).

1 comment:

amanda said...

Rob Pattinson! How freaking vampire-esque did he look? Delish!

And the little Slubdog kiddies
were so adorable! Totally. Especially
how the one didn't speak English. So
funny.

The red carpet is the best. <3
Swoooon.

I'm so sad we didn't get to discuss
all of the fashion and celebs the next time. Ughh.

I miss you, Miss Boatner!